Dynamic Wrist Extension Splint
Dynasplint Systems, Inc. developed the dynamic wrist extension splint to treat joint stiffness and regain lost range of motion due to injury, trauma, surgery or disease.
Individually fit by trained Dynasplint® consultants who work with the doctor or therapist to oversee range of motion therapy, the splint is worn during periods of relaxation. While each patient is different, the Wrist Extension Dynasplint® is worn typically for 6-8 hours a day (2-4 hours in the beginning). The adjustable, comfortable wrist extension splint applies a low-load, prolonged-duration stretch (LLPS) across the joint using a tensioning mechanism. This provides a continued but gentle stretch to the joint and achieves permanent length change in shortened connective tissue.
Used in conjunction with physical therapy, wrist splints are effective up to 53% faster in restoring range of motion. Want to continue with the same positive results achieved in a great therapy session? Consider the constant, gentle stretch of the dynamic wrist extension splint. It’s like taking the physical therapist’s hands home! The end result: regained, lasting range of motion.
Request more information about adding dynamic wrist extension splint to your therapy.
Benefits of the dynamic wrist extension splint:
- Can treat joint stiffness and improve range of motion
- Can reduce rehabilitation time and costs
- Comfortable, safe and user friendly
- Good for the environment/recyclable (metal parts are refurbished, soft parts are discarded)
- Available for rent or purchase with proof of medical necessity by a doctor
- A trained Dynasplint® consultant fits each individual patient with the splints for the best comfort as well as provides instruction and wearing schedule
Some of the common diagnoses:
- Fractures (Colles’, distal radius and others)
- Open reduction internal fixation (ORIF)
- Tendon and ligament repairs
- Wrist arthroplasty
- And other orthopedic and neurological wrist conditions
Dynamic wrist extension splint measurements:
Wrist Extension Dynasplint® System
|Weight||1 lb 3.2 oz
|Range of Length||7.0 – 8.75 in
17.78 – 22.23 cm
|Unit Length||2.75 – 4.25 in
6.99 – 10.80 cm
|Range of Motion||0° neutral to