Finger Extension and Flexion Splints: Dynamic PIP
Dynasplint Systems, Inc. developed the proximal interphalangeal (PIP) joint extension and flexion splints to increase finger dexterity and range of motion following injury, surgery, trauma or disease.
Individually fit by trained Dynasplint® consultants who work with the doctor or therapist to oversee the range of motion therapy, the dynamic PIP extension and flexion splints are worn during relaxation. While each patient is different, the finger splints are worn typically for 6-8 hours a day (2-4 hours in the beginning). The comfortable and adjustable finger extension and flexion splints apply a low-load, prolonged-duration stretch (LLPS) across the joint using a tensioning system. This provides a continued but gentle stretch to the joint to achieve permanent, positive change of the connective tissue.
Used in conjunction with physical therapy, the finger extension and flexion splints are effective up to 53% faster in regaining range of motion. Want to continue at home with the same positive results achieved in a good therapy session? Consider the constant, gentle stretch of the dynamic PIP extension and flexion splints for the finger. They’re like taking the physical therapist’s hands home! The end result: regained, lasting range of motion in the finger.
Request more information about the dynamic PIP extension and flexion splints today.
Features of these finger extension and flexion splints:
- Works to treat joint stiffness and improve range of motion
- Can help reduce rehabilitation time, which can reduce costs
- Made of recyclable materials (metal parts refurbished; soft parts discarded)
- Available for rent or purchase with proof of medical necessity by a healthcare provider
- A trained Dynasplint® consultant fits the patient for the finger splints as well as provides instruction and a wearing schedule
Finger extension and flexion splints are used to treat:
- Boutonniere deformity
- Dupuytren’s contracture
- Fractures and dislocations
- Tendon and ligament repairs
- Arterial and venous microsurgical repairs
- And other orthopedic and neurological finger conditions
Dynamic PIP extension/flexion splint measurements:
PIP Extension Dynasplint® System
|PIP Flexion Dynasplint® System|
|Range of Length||1.50 in
|Unit Length||1.0 – 1.50 in
2.54 – 3.81 cm
|1.0 – 1.50 in
2.54 – 3.81 cm
|Range of Motion||65° flexion to
|10° flexion to