Infant and Pediatric Wrist Splints
Dynasplint Systems, Inc. is the only company to develop pediatric dynamic wrist extension and flexion splints. These pediatric splints can be used to treat joint stiffness and restore lost range of motion due to injury, trauma, surgery or disease. This range of motion is critical for a child’s physical development.
The adjustable, comfortable dynamic extension and flexion splints will be individually fit to a child by a trained Dynasplint® consultant who will also work with the doctor or therapist to oversee range of motion therapy. Although dependent on the patient, the pediatric splint is typically worn for 6-8 hours a day during rest (2-4 hours to start). These pediatric splints apply a low-load, prolonged-duration stretch (LLPS) across the joint using a tensioning mechanism. This constant, gentle stretch to the wrist joint permanently elongates connective tissue.
The dynamic wrist extension and flexion splints can be used alone or with therapy. Want to continue with the positive results achieved in your child or young patient’s therapy session? Consider the continuous, gentle stretch of the Dynasplint®. It’s like having the physical therapist’s hands at home constantly working with the child! The end result: regained, lasting range of motion.
Request more information on the pediatric dynamic wrist extension and flexion splints today.
Benefits of the dynamic wrist extension/flexion splints:
- Works to increase range of motion and reduce joint stiffness
- Recyclable (metal parts can be refurbished; soft parts are discarded)
- Available for rent or purchase by prescription
- Simple for the patient or caregiver to use; safe and comfortable to wear
- A trained Dynasplint® consultant individually young patients for comfort as well as provides instruction, support, and a wearing schedule
Some of the common needs for pediatric wrist splints:
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Head trauma and spinal cord injuries
- Cerebral palsy (CP)
- And other orthopedic and neurological wrist conditions
Measurements of pediatric wrist splints:
|Wrist Extension Dynasplint® System||Wrist Flexion Dynasplint® System|
|Range of Length||4.84 in
|Range of Motion||0° neutral to
|0° neutral to