Knee Extension Splint
Dynasplint Systems, Inc. developed the knee extension splint to treat joint stiffness and restore lost range of motion due to injury, trauma, surgery or disease.
Individually fit by trained Dynasplint® consultants who work with the doctor or therapist to oversee range of motion therapy, the splint is worn at rest. While each patient is different, the device is worn typically for 6-8 hours a day (2-4 hours in the beginning). The adjustable, comfortable Knee Extension Splint applies a low-load, prolonged-duration stretch (LLPS) across the joint using a tensioning mechanism. This provides a continued but gentle stretch to the joint and achieves permanent lengthening of connective tissue.
Used in conjunction with physical therapy, the Knee Extension Dynasplint® System is effective up to 53% faster in regaining range of motion. Want to continue with the same positive results achieved in a great therapy session? Consider the constant, gentle stretch of the Dynasplint. It’s like taking the physical therapist’s hands home! The end result: regained, lasting range of motion.
Request more information about the dynamic knee extension splint today.
Benefits of the dynamic knee extension splint:
- Works to treat joint stiffness and improve range of motion
- Comfortable, safe and easy for patients to use
- Can reduce rehabilitation time, which is a cost savings
- Good for the environment/recyclable (metal parts are refurbished, soft goods are discarded)
- Available for rent or purchase with proof of medical necessity by a doctor
- A trained Dynasplint consultant custom fits patients with the knee extension splint for maximum comfort and provides instruction on application and wearing schedule
Some of the common diagnoses:
- Total knee replacements
- Tibial plateau fractures
- Tendon and ligament repairs (ACL, PCL)
- Open reduction internal fixation (ORIF)
- Tendon releases
- And other orthopedic and neurological knee conditions
Dynasplint also offers two other specially designed units for knee extension: one helps the below the knee amputee patient and one that offers a much more aggressive stretch—this unit would be beneficial to the sports enthusiast or anyone needing more force than what the standard knee unit provides.
Knee Extension Dynasplint® System - Adult (Standard Unit)
|Upper Leg Range of Length||8.25 – 11.25 in
16.51 – 21.59 cm
|Lower Leg Range of Length||8.75 – 11.75 in
22.23 – 29.85 cm
|Range of Motion||65° flexion to 25° hyperextension|