Dynamic Elbow Extension Splint
Dynasplint Systems, Inc. developed the elbow extension splint to treat joint stiffness and restore lost range of motion due to injury, trauma, surgery or disease.
Individually fit by trained Dynasplint® consultants who work with doctors and/or therapists to oversee range of motion therapy, the dynamic splint is worn at rest. While each patient is different, the device is worn typically for 6-8 hours a day (2-4 hours to start). The adjustable, comfortable Dynamic Elbow Extension Splint applies a low-load, prolonged-duration stretch (LLPS) across the joint using a tensioning mechanism. This provides a continued but gentle stretch to the elbow joint which works to permanently lengthen connective tissue.
Used in conjunction with physical therapy, the Elbow Extension Dynasplint® is effective up to 53% faster in regaining range of motion. Feel like faster results could be achieved with longer therapy sessions? Consider the constant, gentle stretch of the Elbow Extension Dynasplint®. It’s like taking the physical therapist’s hands home! The end result: regained, lasting range of motion.
Request more information about the dynamic elbow extension splint today.
Features of the dynamic elbow extension splint:
- Aids in treating joint stiffness and improving range of motion
- Can help reduce rehabilitation time, which makes the splint cost efficient
- Recyclable because the metal parts can be refurbished (soft parts are discarded)
- Available for rent or purchase (must be ordered by a healthcare professional)
- A trained Dynasplint® consultant individually fits the patient with the elbow extension splint for maximum comfort as well as gives instruction and provides a wearing schedule
Some of the common diagnoses:
- Radial head fractures
- Humeral fractures
- Radial or ulnar fractures
- Open reduction internal fixation (ORIF)
- Elbow dislocations
- Elbow fractures
- Joint arthroplasties
- And other orthopedic and neurological elbow conditions
| Elbow Extension Dynasplint® System - Adult
|Upper Arm Range of Length||6.50 – 8.50 in
16.51 – 21.59 cm
|Lower Arm Range of Length||7.125 – 9.75 in
18.10 – 24.77 cm
|Range of Motion||65° flexion to 25° hyperextension|