We all know and hear over and over that healthy eating is important, but it is particularly important if you have a chronic illness such as multiple sclerosis.
According to WebMD, here are some guidelines for people with multiple sclerosis:
- Eat a variety of foods from each food group.
- Maintain your weight through a proper balance of exercise and food.
- Choose foods low in saturated fat and cholesterol, unless otherwise directed by your health care provider
- Try to limit how much sugar you eat
- Moderate your use of salt
- If you choose to drink alcoholic beverages, do not consume more than one or two beverages per day.
- Drink eight 8 – ounce glasses of water per day.
- Limit caffeine consumption.